baslinux - Re: [BL] ramdrive version doesn't boot

  • From: "Nomdo Jansonius" <nomdo AT dds.nl>
  • To: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ramdrive version doesn't boot
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 19:30:26

> Nomdo Jansonius wrote:

> > HD version of basiclinux (BL2) boots without problem. Ramdrive version
> > doesn't boot. Last line displayed during boot:
> >
> > RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0

> Often this is caused by insufficient RAM.

Well, 128 Mb should do the job.

> > It used to run properly on this computer, as I had used it
> > to install BL2 on my HD.

> Perhaps some of your RAM has gone bad?

After reading faq.txt, I visited www.ramtest86.com and tested my RAM. It
takes a lot of time, but that program told me: 0 errors.

Even more amazing: I even managed to run the RAMdisk version of Slackware
10.2 (bare.i, install.1, and install.2). No BL2 anymore for some weird
reason (well, as long as I don't mess-up my HD version, I can still use
that).

Any other suggestions (for example, what could be the critical
difference between BL2 and SW10)?

> Cheers,
> Steven

Nomdo