baslinux - Re: [BL] BL loopback version in Windows XP command window

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL loopback version in Windows XP command window
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 23:28:04 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

editing them. I learned how to plug into a DSL router via USB. How would
we use a DSL line from a USB camera, just run udhcpc and telnet (?) to the
IP number?

Load the NIC module, then run udhcpc. The computer you're plugged into basically becomes a host for your HD (camera in this case). You can use all its hardware, given you've got resources on yur HD (modules, progs like udhcpc) to do so.

Our flash disk is August 2005. If we boot into ro mode, we can't edit the
photos and put them back onto the camera.

You'd have 2 partitions: cameras can't write to an ext2 partition anyway. The ext2 BL partition could be ro (I presume), and the DOS partition(s) where the photos reside rw. This assumes the programs you're using to edit don't need to write to the root filesystem while they run.

James