baslinux - Re: [BL] BL loopback version in Windows XP command window

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL loopback version in Windows XP command window
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 16:32:23 +0000 (UTC)

I do believe that some of the other folks on the list are working on
getting BL to run from USB thumb drives - see the last month's
archives.

We have DOS USB mass storage working (two files in config.sys) with two USB cameras (CF and XD) and one card reader. We have a 64MB CF card and a 16MB XD card, which I think we could partition to make a baslin directory. How would we go about making a DOS boot floppy for BL3-on-camera to impress our friends with (and also maybe to even edit images within the camera using netpbm)?

David Moberg made a linux boot floppy disk for parport zip drive linux (BL 3.32 kernel 2.2.16), with an initrd.gz which I think contains the imm.o or ppa.o for the drive (I forget if it uses syslinux or lilo or loadlin), and also a 1-floppy syslinux 2.4.31 kernel uclibc-static USB storage boot disk with semi-static zgv.

We could try putting BL3 into a 20MB CF partition (ext2) and chrooting to it from the linux USB boot floppy disk. I don't think any of our computer boot from USB drives - do the newer ones?

Can partition managers shrink XP partitions to make space for ext2?