baslinux - Re: [BL] mplayer and lynx with streaming audio (was: mplayer versions)

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mplayer and lynx with streaming audio (was: mplayer versions)
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:52:56 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> >> Where do I get codecs for MPEG-4 formats aac and aac+ (aacPlus v1 and
> v2),
> >> which are touted as the latest and greatest and are used by Apple iTunes?
> >
> > Isn't it built in?
>
> It did not play.
> Can you play an aac+ file with mplayer, online?

No. I tried this and it failed to work. It acted as though it was
not a media file. Hmm. Maybe another player would work with
these files, such as xmms or itunes.

./mplayer
http://asm.stanford.edu/transfer/04%20-%20Unknown%20Artist%20-%20Track%204.aac

> > code or odd HTML at this website? lynx might have trouble if it
> > is not just a link to the file.
>
> I did not notice any javascript. Do you want to check out this site?

I looked at it and saw lots of javascript. So you will need to use
a different browser or figure out how to get lynx to work despite
the javascript.

David