baslinux - Re: [BL] Linksys wireless ethernet PCMCIA card WPC11 ver 4 was Re: mplayer and lynx with streaming audio

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Linksys wireless ethernet PCMCIA card WPC11 ver 4 was Re: mplayer and lynx with streaming audio
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:39:58 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> > No. I tried this and it failed to work. It acted as though it was
> > not a media file. Hmm. Maybe another player would work with
> > these files, such as xmms or itunes.
>
> This means there are no codecs for mplayer (yet)?

Actually, mplayer isn't even getting as far as the codecs.
Something in the actual aac file format is tripping it up.

> We were given a Linksys Wireless-B Notebook Adapter WPC11 ver 4, which
> unlike earlier versions appears to be supported by Linksys only by way of
> Windows drivers using 'ndiswrapper'. Can this be done in BL, maybe with
> 2.2.26 or 2.4.31 kernel?

First, we'll need a BL-compatible copy of ndiswrapper. My
first attempt at compiling it ended in failure (make went into
an infinite, recursive, fork-itself-many-times loop and drained
all 512 MB of RAM, crashing spectacularly). I will try again.

David