baslinux - Re: [BL] Framebuffer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Framebuffer
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 01:24:49 +0000 (UTC)

Can Mplayer be used with svgalib instead of X or vesafb?

MPlayer in general can. However, I left out svgalib support from
the static mplayer.tgz.

Why?

A former list member just downloaded my copy of mplayer.tgz and is impressed. He said the Slackware version was about 26MB and had lots of dependencies. What does it support besides x11 and vesa (framebuffer) or is there a way to query it? He is trying to use it as a viewer and says it needs x11.

There is also a full-size X server which uses FB and does not have the
8-bit color problem. But it is bigger than xfbdev.

Does this server have any advantages over the SVGA server?

It uses framebuffer. Is that even an advantage?

David

Is framebuffer smaller or faster than X_SVGA?