baslinux - Re: [BL] GS

  • From: mikkel meinike <mimeini AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] GS
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 13:52:13 +0000

On 11/7/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
I have solved the problem.
Why would there be a gv in SW4 if there was no gs to work with it?
Yes there are two exactable gs in SW4 one compiled for svgalib and one
for X11 the one for
X11 is in xap1 and is called gs_x11.
The gs_x11 contains only the executable gs and overwrite the one that
is in the original gs.tgz in /usr/bin/.
Also I had to install the gsfonts.tgz (from ap1 i think it was) thy
ware 2.2 Mb but thy didn't take up much more space than that ons
installed.
That solved the problem and now I can view my postscript files with gv.
Thanks for the help

> Does gs have a pstopdf convertor?
yes

> If so, maybe someone on the list (David?) would be willing to compile xpdf
> for BL3 and you could then view pdf files under X. Check whether gs has a
> pstopdf convertor.

I am happy with this now and it is not to slow but still xpdf uses
only xfont so maybe if smallnes is the subjekt xpdf would be an idea
for some.

I have given up for now on svgalib it allways complains about my
bussystem be'ing the wrong type

/Mikkel