baslinux - Re: [BL] USB mass storage with SW81. kernel

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB mass storage with SW81. kernel
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 16:01:17 +0000 (UTC)

This still does not explain why the segfault on usb-uhci.

Was that in BL2? That is some kind of bug. Try a different version
of insmod.
David

We just used the SW91 CD with the USB camera that works in DOS but would not work for us with SW81 kernel and modules in BL2.

SW91 automatically detects the camera and loads usb-storage (don't know if it is a module or in the kernel - how do I tell?) and I could mount /dev/sda1 to /mnt/camera (I made /camera) and list files on the Compact Flash card.

BL2 uses an April 2004 busybox insmod. This gives me lots of error messages when I try to insmod usb-storage, even using the SW81 scsi/usb kernel which loads usb-uhci and usb-ohci at boot time. I posted the messages in another posting.

Would you suggest the BL3 busybox, or an insmod from SW71 or from SW81?