baslinux - Re: [BL] GS

  • From: mikkel meinike <mimeini AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] GS
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:49:40 +0100

Did you also install the ghostscript fonts?

now I did not I wonted small as possible

Maybe the Slackware 4.0 gs was not compiled to support X11 at all.
I think you can type gs --help for a list of devices that are supported.
Or maybe just gs (nothing following it at all).  You need to choose which
devices are supported during compilation.

yes you are right about that my gs does not support X11

> gs alphabet.ps
> from an X11 xterm does: Black screen some fast massages about svgalib
> and something about buss error and than fall back to X11 with
>
> svgalib: allocated virtual console #5
>
> How can I change the settings so it will use X11 and I assume the X11
> fonts, and so that gv can display my ps files? and also I have a very
> low screen 480x600 should I set a special resolution for this screen
> or will that work out automatically with the vga16 server

Check if X11 is supported.  If not, you can use bmv as a viewer of ps
files, after you install svgalib,

I don't think svgalib will work I have tested seejpg and now this gs.

Or you can install the SW71 or SW81 glibc (and maybe also elflibs) ad use
the gs from SW71 or the one I compiled, in X11.  That might be easier and
more useful so you can then also use precompiled xpdf as a viewer of pdf
files (with the SW81 glibc).

Th gs that you compiled is quit big but maybe the xpdf or I will just use the the pbm or pnm device that gs support and veiw with xli.
Thanks for the help
/Mikkel