baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 12:15:05 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> Steven, did you compile BL3 for busybox 1.0

I'm not Steven, but I will say that BL3 has busybox 1.0pre7,
which is several rc and pre-release versions older than the
current 1.00 version.

> and if not, would you or David want to compile an update?

Maybe. It would help if I knew how the BL3 busybox was
configured. Right now, it's trial and error.

> Can it be compiled against uClibc in order to also work with BL2?

Yes, just like the current version.

> You seem to have made oss the default in this version, because it
> worked without specifying -ao oss on the command line, or ao=oss in
> config. Thanks. It is now working in two computers.

I thought all had OSS as default, except for #2 which didn't like 2.2
OSS.

> Is there some way to capture the error messages that fly by when I
> attempt to listen to .ram links with mplayer, most of which don't
> work?

Use the old >stdoutlog 2>stderrlog trick? There are options to
make it quieter or louder (more/less output).

> Is there a log file of them?

Not that I know of. Maybe to syslogd if you turned it on?

> Maybe I need more than the rp9 codecs?

Maybe, or maybe the station isn't working?

> Why can't all the stations use the same codec?

Because they don't want to.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com