baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 08:47:46 +1200

sindi keesan wrote:

> Steven, did you compile BL3 for busybox 1.0

To find out what version of busybox you have, do:
-------
busybox
-------

> Can it be compiled against uClibc in order to
> also work with BL2?

Do the following:
-----------
ldd busybox
-----------
You will find that BL3 busybox has no library dependencies.
In fact, you can delete all the BL3 libraries (in /lib)
and it will still boot.

> Is there some way to capture the error messages that fly by
> when I attempt to listen to .ram links with mplayer,

Run it from an xterm. Then you will be able to scroll up
through all the messages.

> most of which don't work?

Most .ram links work fine for me. Sounds like your racook
codex is faulty or in the wrong place. When you get a .ram
that works, check that it actually uses the racook codec.
Some (older?) .ram links use something else (which appears
to be built into mplayer).

> Maybe I need more than the rp9 codecs?

Are you sure you have the right rp9 codec? Some are for
Macs or Windows. Some have awkward library dependencies
(libstdc++.so.5). I found the perfect rp9 codec package
dated 2002-05-23. It's only 800kb and works perfectly
on my BL2 installation (glibc2.2.5).

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru