baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 08:00:10 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> wget would not download from your geocities site - too many redirections.

It will download this:
<http://us.share.geocities.com/davidjmoberg/mplayer.tgz>

GNU wget and (IIRC) newer busybox wget work fine. Older busybox wget
could not handle redirections very well. Also, web browsers work fine.

> The problem with downloads via our 'ISP' is that during busy times
> (half the day) it abruptly disconnects people after 62 minutes, and
> at any time it can hang up on you after only a few minutes, on a
> whim. So to get really large files, I need to download them to sdf
> (at 20-70K/sec) and download them from there at 1-2K/sec or less,
> via my local bbs, with wget, in manageable chunks.

Perhaps an auto-reconnect and the use of wget -c would work?

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com