baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:59:30 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

wget would not download from your geocities site - too many redirections.

It will download this:
<http://us.share.geocities.com/davidjmoberg/mplayer.tgz>

GNU wget and (IIRC) newer busybox wget work fine. Older busybox wget
could not handle redirections very well. Also, web browsers work fine.

The problem with downloads via our 'ISP' is that during busy times
(half the day) it abruptly disconnects people after 62 minutes, and
at any time it can hang up on you after only a few minutes, on a
whim. So to get really large files, I need to download them to sdf
(at 20-70K/sec) and download them from there at 1-2K/sec or less,
via my local bbs, with wget, in manageable chunks.

Perhaps an auto-reconnect and the use of wget -c would work?

David

Maybe a newer busybox wget would work. I think I was trying to use the one in BL2 and it would not redirect. Links and lynx worked.

Steven, did you compile BL3 for busybox 1.0 and if not, would you or David want to compile an update? Can it be compiled against uClibc in order to also work with BL2?

You seem to have made oss the default in this version, because it worked without specifying -ao oss on the command line, or ao=oss in config. Thanks. It is now working in two computers.

Is there some way to capture the error messages that fly by when I attempt to listen to .ram links with mplayer, most of which don't work? It looks like they are coming from mplayer. Is there a log file of them? Maybe I need more than the rp9 codecs? Why can't all the stations use the same codec?