baslinux - [BL] MS DOS 7.10

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] MS DOS 7.10
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:56:23 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

Does anyone happen to know where MS DOS 7.10a standalone has gotten to? The link to newdos.yginfo.net/dosware is broken and it forwards to a Chinese language site with a link to Microsoft. The computer we are setting up will not work with loadlin and any other OS. (Nor does the loop BL3 version seem to run Xvesa even with this OS, although the rest of it works - we might try bypassing system files).

Try http://www.cn-dos.net/msdos71/ (found it on a Google search under "newdos.yginfo.net"--yeah, I used the quotation marks). What they're doing is apparently illegal (simplest explanation, in combination with semi-informed legal deduction, for why the original site disappeared), so you might want to keep local copies of stuff you download from there.

James