baslinux - Re: opti 82C929A works with OSS Re: [BL] Re: Interrupts and isapnp

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: opti 82C929A works with OSS Re: [BL] Re: Interrupts and isapnp
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:18:10 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

(1) It is a multi-player server.
(2) It uses standard telnet clients to play.
(3) It displays graphics (via telnet) using ascii art.

He does not want an ethernet card, but maybe this will get him interested.
Will matanza work over nullmodem cable?

Telnet works over nullmodem (via TCP/IP), therefore
so does matanza. It also works on the system running
the matanza server (telnet localhost).

Does this mean two people can play it on the same computer from different terminals? Would you need to set up telnetd on one terminal?

We should probably make this kid a nullmodem adaptor for a modem cable so he and his brother can play with telnetting.

Does anyone happen to know where MS DOS 7.10a standalone has gotten to? The link to newdos.yginfo.net/dosware is broken and it forwards to a Chinese language site with a link to Microsoft. The computer we are setting up will not work with loadlin and any other OS. (Nor does the loop BL3 version seem to run Xvesa even with this OS, although the rest of it works - we might try bypassing system files).