baslinux - Re: [BL] loadlin with vmlinuz

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] loadlin with vmlinuz
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 23:56:38 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks. We just managed to chroot to BL3 from Ubuntu and run X but startx produced X and not icewm until we first exited Ubuntu. I think you cannot run X properly inside X. The Trident PCI sound card that played silently in BL2 played with sound in Ubuntu so it the latter is useful to test sound cards if they are PCI (it did not even find the Crystal ISA). Steven's no-xvesa worked at 1024 (with my extra modelines and higher vert and horiz rates, from the file I posted at my website). It worked without ANY horiz refresh rate specified.

I will try the --login shortly for BL2 to BL3.

For BL3 to Ubunto chroot /mnt /bin/bash? I don't think they use bash.