baslinux - Re: [BL] loadlin with vmlinuz

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] loadlin with vmlinuz
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 13:10:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, sindi keesan wrote:
I can now chroot from BL3 to BL2 as follows:
chroot /mnt /bin/sh --login (after mounting BL3 partition on /mnt)

This ought to work from other OS'es besides BL2 as well.

I loaded BL3 with a BL2 kernel (no need for CD-ROM modules) and attepted to mount the CD-ROM drive (/dev/hdc) in BL3:
mount: Mounting /dev/hdc on /cd failed: No such file or directory
I chrooted to BL2 and mounted this same CD with no problems.

Using the BL3 kernel, I can insmod ide-cd and cdrom but isofs will NOT mount in BL3 - Device or resource busy. 48X CD-ROM drive, works in DOS and BL2 but not BL3.

BL3 uses busybox mount, BL2 a 61K mount. I should try the latter in BL3.
I now have two computers on which BL3 won't mount CD-ROM drives.

Sindi Keesan