baslinux - Re: [BL] loadlin with vmlinuz

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] loadlin with vmlinuz
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 00:22:30 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, David Moberg wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org

sindi keesan wrote:

How do I run profile?

When bash is invoked as a login shell it automatically
runs profile. Try using the -login parameter:
------------------------------
chroot /mnt /bin/bash -login
------------------------------

chroot /hd /bin/login

If you're interested in chrooting to BL3, here is a snippet
from the ash manpage:

If the first character of argument zero to the shell is
``-'', the shell is assumed to be a login shell, and the
files /etc/profile and .profile are read if they exist.

Apparently, there is yet another method for ash:

SH_INIT="/etc/profile" chroot /mnt /bin/ash

This does not seem to work - still no aliases. Have you tried it?
And my shell is still bash after chrooting. I can change it manually, and run rc, but I don't know how to run the rest of profile easily.

Does anyone know the equivalents for other shells?

David