baslinux - Re: [BL] loadlin with vmlinuz

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] loadlin with vmlinuz
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 13:23:10 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> Would BL3 work properly with shell set to bash when it only has ash?

Yes. Do you know of anything that needs the SHELL variable to be
correctly set?

> The scripts all refer to /bin/sh, which is pointed at ash.

No problem there.

> I don't think the kernel is the problem because when I chroot from
> BL2 to BL3 (using BL2 kernel still) I still cannot load isofs.

Wait a minute. The BL2 kernel does not need isofs, right?

> I loaded BL3 with a BL2 kernel (no need for CD-ROM modules) and
> attepted to mount the CD-ROM drive (/dev/hdc) in BL3:
> mount: Mounting /dev/hdc on /cd failed: No such file or directory
> I chrooted to BL2 and mounted this same CD with no problems.

Does /cd exist on the BL3 root directory?

> Using the BL3 kernel, I can insmod ide-cd and cdrom but isofs will
> NOT mount in BL3 - Device or resource busy. 48X CD-ROM drive, works
> in DOS and BL2 but not BL3.

Not mount? You said that isofs wouldn't insert correctly, earlier.
So isofs will not insert in BL3 on one of your computers? But BL2,
since it doesn't need insertion, works fine?

> BL3 uses busybox mount, BL2 a 61K mount. I should try the latter in BL3.

Why? I don't think a recent busybox mount will give you any trouble.

> I now have two computers on which BL3 won't mount CD-ROM drives.

Will it not mount them, or will isofs not insert?

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com