baslinux - Re: [BL] loadlin with vmlinuz

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] loadlin with vmlinuz
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 23:09:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

When I run this, my prompt is / # instead of showing
which directory I am in. Which file sets the prompt?

PS1 and PS2 set the prompts. For example:
----------
PS1=\w<\$>
For details on possible prompts, do 'man bash' and
search for PS1

I found PS1 in profile. Profile is not being run when I chroot.
Which is also why I don't get any aliases. How do I run profile?

How is SHELL normally set during login?

It is set individually for each user in /etc/passwd
It is also set in profile in BL3 where there is only root, no other users.

Besides making a script out of profile and removing things other than PS1 PS2 SHELL and aliases, how can I get the above to work?