baslinux - [BL] Can't compile 486 kernel

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Can't compile 486 kernel
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 17:20:04 +0000 (UTC)

I compiled another P1 kernel (does both sound and imm this time and I added back most of the ethernet module support and posted it in case anyone wants it for mplayer or mpg123)

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/zimage.sb

and then tried to reduce it to a 486-DX kernel, starting with the same .config file but answering N to CD-ROM and ethernet and sound and the scsi not needed for parport zip (scsi_mod and scsi_sd).

make clean

make config

make dep

make

It made a System.map file in the main directory of about 150K and then stopped, no error messages. In /arch/i386/kernel I find lots of files ending in .c .o and .S and there are other /arch/i386 directories but not a /boot directory with zImage.

I can start over using Steven's .4dx kernel .config instead but I am curious what went wrong with my .config. Should I post the non-# parts of it? I tried three times with the same .config file

A web search told me System.map was normal, but not why it stopped there.