baslinux - Re: [BL] Playing CD's

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Playing CD's
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:49:11 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> I think we have one 'i686'. The 500MHz is another K6 but the
> 605MHz is a Pentium Pro P6 - will this do?

Yes. MPlayer should even work on a slower Pentium Pro.

> Or there is
> the overclocked 750 with three fans on the cpu and a case fan aimed
> at it and the power supply fan - will playing DVDs generate more
> heat than usual?

What's usual? It will probably produce as much heat as a compile
of Linux. Can you reduce the clock?

> Are 750s ever K6?

When they're overclocked, it's hard to know. Normally, I would expect
a 750 to be a Duron or low-end Athlon. If Intel, a PIII or Celeron
version of a PIII.

> > front. When I used Windows, I ran a 3.5mm male-to-male stereo
> > cable from the front of the CD drive to line in on the sound card.
> > You will need to adjust the Line In or PCM volume controls on your
> > sound card, instead of the CD one.
>
> Clever, but could you not simply plug the speakers into the
> headphone jack on the CD player? And use the hardware vol control?

Yes, but what if you want to listen to something on the sound card
at the same time?

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com