baslinux - Re: [BL] running Basic Linux from a USB data stick or from a CD-ROM

  • From: t.maiden AT att.net
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] running Basic Linux from a USB data stick or from a CD-ROM
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 17:43:35 +0000

I have been told that due to Microsoft's fear of having their software
pirated, the CD burner software included with XP won't burn a bootable image.
I would need a program like Nero to make a bootable CD-ROM disk. I was
hoping someone could help me fix up a version of BasicLinux that could be run
inside Qemu, which would not need the PC to be rebooted. DamnSmall Linux has
a setup like this on a USB data stick or thumb drive, but I'm not wild about
DamnSmall's selection of software, etc. Any minimal implementation of Linux
should work well with Qemu. I also have a full implementation of Knoppix
that runs inside Qemu, but its SOOOO slow, too big for this sort of thing.

-------------- Original message from 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org: