baslinux - Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:05:51 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> So I should be able to safely delete all such libraries, and also
> any .a library unless I want to compile something statically. I
> think I will stick with dynamic, including wvware, to save space,
> especially since Abiword is available for BL3 already and includes
> wvware.

I certainly would if I were running out of HD spce.

> > You can always run a ramdisk version.
>
> Yes but it will not do most of what I am using it for.

A ramdisk isn't enough if you want to convert a TIFF? You don't even
need one if you don't want the delilinux links2.

> I might put theses libraries in /usr/libc5 - or is there a more
> traditional place to put libc5 libraries on a libc6 linux?

I don't think there is a traditional place.

> Can I make a script libc5
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/libc5" %1 %2
>

> Then type
>
> libc5 tifftopnm filename.tiff > filename.png ?
>
> Similarly for pnmtotiff pngtopnm pnmtopng.

Yes. Of course, you're limited to just one argument. I would do

#!/bin/sh
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/libc5" exec "*@"

> It would be nice if libc5-dependent programs would just look in a
> different place for their libraries. It is possible to do that?

I don't think so. To my knowledge, both versions look in exactly the
same place. It seems that the only choices are to only have one
version, or to deal with the problems.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com