baslinux - Re: [BL] reduced icewm for BL2

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] reduced icewm for BL2
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 21:36:08 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> I added to the menu xv, xpdf, gs, and changed xterm to rxvt on the
> first line. I think I would need to change it in the control panel
> menu as well in order to get that submenu (it is it not there at
> all) and to install clock and calculator and magnify to see the
> utilities submenu. What does xkill do?

Not much. By default, it initially changes the mouse cursor. If you
click on a window, the application which controls it is killed. The
original mouse cursor is restored after you kill one program, and xkill
shuts itself down.

> I can chroot to bl3 and run X with icewm (from a vt of Bl2) and
> hopefully use Abiword that way since the BL2 version won't work
> with Xvesa.

The BL3 Abiword doesn't run on BL2? Even if you have xset?

> Winoptions is stil there and has something to do with java, xload,
> and mozilla and xeyes. Is it relevant to BL3? What is fte?

No idea.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com