baslinux - Re: [BL] parallel port memory card reader

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] parallel port memory card reader
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 21:40:37 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> Can the parport adaptor be used somehow with BL2 as an external
> hard drive? If not, DOS is fine.

I bet it uses paride or a similar driver. It probably acts like a
parallel port hard drive. Try the relevant HOWTOs for paride, or
maybe the Parallel HOWOT.

> Our problem is that the camera did not seem to like the format that
> came on the 10MB card which was in the PCMCIA adaptor. What format
> would a camera want? We could try to format it with BL3 fdisk via
> the PCMCIA adaptor. The camera told us it was formatting but it
> did not succeed.

It may not take that size/type of card. Is the card writable? Usually
cameras like one partition that fills the whole disk, formatted as
msdos or vfat. Usually they prefer FAT16/32 formats from DOS or Windows
tools. If the card has nothing that you want, use dd if=/dev/zero to
wipe it clean, then use DOS or Windows format, Windows preferably.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com