baslinux - Re: [BL] reduced icewm for BL2

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] reduced icewm for BL2
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:27:08 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> >> Netpbm
> >> can be compiled for DOS (someone did it for me) and that would give
> >> me a DOS 'Windows' printer with which to impress the friend who
> >> does his taxes on a Commodore.
> >
> > I'm curious as to what he uses. Is that a Commodore 64?
> He collects Commodores - could be a 128.

Do you know if he uses any unusual software to do this? I didn't know
that old Commodores made good tax-form-preparation platforms.

> Do you have pbmtext and pbmpage?

Not anymore. I seem to have lost the netpbm source from my hard drive.
I will download it again...

> /usr/lib for
> all the lib files and the rest in /usr/local/bin?

libc, libm and ld-linux usually go in /lib, since they're standard C
libraries. /usr/local/bin sounds fine for the binaries. Or add the
current directory to your PATH.

> Should libnetpbm
> go in /usr/local/lib?

/usr/lib would be my preference, since it's built into ld, and since
it's a precompiled library.

> unix2dos (or dos2unix -d) appears to be needed only for text files to
> convert between EOL formats.

I thought that your printer's language might have EOLs, but now I
realize that it's only PostScript that has that.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com