baslinux - [BL] parallel port memory card reader

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] parallel port memory card reader
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 02:17:32 +0000 (UTC)

We were given a USB camera (takes a standard USB cable) and today we got for it cheap both a PCMCIA card adaptor (which will let us transfer photos via BL3 and the newer laptop) and a parallel port adaptor for which datafab provides software for DOS and for Win3.1 through 2000 and ME (not XP). You plug the gadget into the printer port and also into the keyboard port (for power) and then plug printer and keyboard into it.

Can the parport adaptor be used somehow with BL2 as an external hard drive? If not, DOS is fine.

Our problem is that the camera did not seem to like the format that came on the 10MB card which was in the PCMCIA adaptor. What format would a camera want? We could try to format it with BL3 fdisk via the PCMCIA adaptor. The camera told us it was formatting but it did not succeed.