baslinux - Re: Compiling SANE for HP scanjet on BL2 was Re: [BL] Run programs

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Compiling SANE for HP scanjet on BL2 was Re: [BL] Run programs
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 01:45:38 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, sindi keesan wrote:

I managed to compile SANE 0.57 on BL2 but I had to add to all the Makefile's on the CFLAGS and CPFLAGS lines (after configuring, or I could have done this to Makefile.in first, I think)
-I/usr/src/linux-2.2.16/include

Why was this necessary? Otherwise the compiler could not find various include files. Is BL2 missing some piece, or might I have deleted something I should not have?

Apparently the configure file from this 1997 version of SANE source code is not able to find the /include directory in our year 2000 linux and either I will have to modify Makefiles adding to the CFLAGS line or put something about CFLAGS and CPFLAGS in the environment, which I think you do by 'export CFLAGS = ...' in /etc/profile. If I do not try to compile older source code than 2000 this might not be necessary again. Include files must have been located somewhere else in older linuxes from 1997.

It was suggested that I install all the compiled files, keep a log, adn then delete the parts I don't want (qcam, mustek, net, wire).

make install 2>&1 |tee log - should show me what is happening and keep a record including part 2 which is errors and does not usually get into the log.