baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 Problems

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 Problems
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 15:00:38 +1300

Joel wrote:

> I just installed BL2 after much encouragement,

> -Changing root, and other user's password.

Install /slakware/a14/shadow.tgz from Slackware 7.1.
It will give you useradd, chpasswd, etc.

> -Configuring the mouse in X.
> when I start X, the cursor doesn't work right, it just
> flies around the screen when you move the mouse.

Edit /etc/XF86Config and change the Pointer Protocol to
one of the following:

BusMouse GlidePoint
GlidePointPS/2 IntelliMouse
IMPS/2 Logitech
Microsoft MMHitTab
MMSeries Mouseman
MouseManPlusPS/2 MouseSystems
NetMousePS/2 NetScrollPS/2
OSMouse PS/2
SysMouse ThinkingMouse
ThinkingMousePS/2 USB
Wsmouse

> -Configure icewm.
> I'm wondering where the configuration files are.
> They're certainly somewhere else than in BL3.

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/icewm

> -XDM. Once I get my passwords going, I'm wondering how I
> can get XDM to run at boot,

You could put it into one of the startup files
(eg. /etc/rc.d/rc.M). Or, alternatively, I think
XDM will be called if you can change the initdefault
in /etc/inittab from 3 to 4.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru