baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 loop won't install on laptop 386 sx-20 Ultra

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 loop won't install on laptop 386 sx-20 Ultra
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:51:19 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> Would BL1 on HD be a better bet for our 386 with 3MB RAM,

Probably. Particularly if you use the lowmem.i kernel.

> Out of curiosity, how much space does it take up in the
> kernel when you answer m instead of n

Very, very little.

> SW21 came with a lowram text explaining how to install
> to a system with only 4MB RAM. This does not augur well
> for running it in 2MB RAM.

It's just an installation problem (which uses a ramdisk).
Once you get it on HD, it should be OK. It shouldn't be
too difficult to figure a way of getting it installed
without a ramdisk. Two methods that immediately come
to mind are: (1) use UMSDOS to do the installation, or
(2) temporarily shift the HD to a more powerful system
for installation.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru