baslinux - [BL] install troubles----what the problem is....

  • From: Mr Christopher Rose <mrchrisrose AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] install troubles----what the problem is....
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:51:21 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, I want to make my laptop a dedicated BL3
system. This means that I want to thoroughly delete
the vfat filesystem and put a ext2 filesystem onto it.
I am not interested in making my laptop a dual boot
system.

Here is what the problem is:

I have tried running fdisk /dev/hda and I keep trying
to set up the partition. Then I run mke2fs /dev/hda.
It tells me that I setting up the whole device and not
just a partition. I select to continue anyway.

The problems comes when I run install-to-hd. I get the
error message that it cannot find an ext2 filesystem
on hd. How do I correct/overcome this dilemma?

Pax,

Christopher