baslinux - Re: [BL] Another new add-on for BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Another new add-on for BL3
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 16:21:45 +0000 (UTC)

sindi keesan wrote:

I typed sqlite (Enter).
Version number
Enter ".help" for instructions.
I typed .help after the ...> and (Enter)

You are right. If I type sqlite by itself I get
sqlite>

I then type .help and get the list of instructions.

That is not correct.
Typing sqlite (Enter) does not give you ...>
Typing sqlite .help (Enter) gives you ...>
Typing sqlite .help (Enter) is a mistake.

Typing sqlite .help accomplished the same as the above.

That is your mistake.
Yes

Did you say to type sqlite and then ".help" at the prompt?

Actually I said: instructions are in man sqlite.
The instructions on ths screen said to type ".help" for instructions.
That works.

What might I be doing wrong?

It appears you are executing sqlite with a parameter.
Yes, that gets me a different prompt ...>
I cannot exit ...> with Ctrl-C, but Ctrl-D works.

The man page says to use Ctrl-C *or* Ctrl-D.
On some systems Ctrl-D works, on others Ctrl-C.
On my system Ctrl-D works, Ctrl-C does not.
Why is this?

I will try SQL some day after getting Realaudio and Ghostscript under control. The author of Antiword is interested in helping with the former, and the author of Lynx for DOS in the latter. I am happy with my 30K Pascal-based DOS database program, which lets me do searches and matches. What does SQL do in addition in its 750K (relatively huge for CLI)?