baslinux - Re: [BL] Another new add-on for BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Another new add-on for BL3
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 17:03:07 +0000 (UTC)

yOn Fri, 1 Oct 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

I've just uploaded a database manager for BL3.
It's a small-footprint version of SQL.
See manpage for instructions.
I downloaded and installed it while waiting for abiword to download (40 min on my 56K modem, at teh current rate of about 2K/sec varying between 0 and 3.3K - I hope not much of this is clip art but if it is could that be a separate package for those of us who don't use clip art?).

Instead of reading the manpage I typed sqlite .help and got
...>

It said, when I typed sqlite along:
Enter ".help" for instructions. Typing .help while in the program does not work. Where does one enter .help?

I have no free terminals (links download, shell account for mail, and the messed up sqlite). How does one get out of situations like this? I tried Ctrl-X, Alt-X, Ctrl-Q, Alt-Q and a few other things such as q and exit.
I may try next to read the manpage with links.

That works - links can read .gz files. Ctrl-C or Ctrl-D is supposed to terminate sqlite. Ctrl-D worked. I had tried Ctrl-C earlier and it does NOT work. Steven, can you confirm this and correct the manpage (delete mention of Ctrl-C).

Maybe the hd installation of BL3 should be given 4 terminals instead of 3?

I have never used SQL so it will take a while to learn enough to test sqlite but so far it has not crashed.

I just installed sc.tgz and it exits with q.

Abiword is 25 min down at least 10 to go.