baslinux - [BL] customizing BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] customizing BL3
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:35:02 +0000 (UTC)

I have just made a file containing my customizations to BL3, which is 520K uncompressed (about 200K compressed) and does not include the official addons, or lynx, or kermit. It took me over an hour and I probably missed something, but it includes:

PPP-related files: resolv.conf and eznet.conf

Mail files: .prmailrc
Modification of mailto (to send immediately, useful when online with links)

The links.cfg file modified to have a non-zero cache and number links, etc.

Modules for ethernet and mdacon.o

Rc modified to load mdacon.o and ppp.o and slhc.o

Profile modified (pico = e3pi, dial = ppp-on, etc., aliases to load Xvesa at various resolutions and color depths, etc.)

Two library files needed for lynx (zlib and libncurses) and a script to make the required symlinks.

.xinitrc modified to change my keyboard to 84-key (so I can use arrow keys, PgUp, etc. in X).

bookmarks, .kermrc

A few scripts (such as one to upload to my bbs via FTP since I cannot remember the format offhand for entering login and password).

How have other users customized BL3 other than the add-ons? I think
Christof has made a few changes to support Czech.

Perhaps people have made changes that other people would like to copy.