baslinux - Re: [BL] Another new add-on for BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Another new add-on for BL3
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 06:34:52 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> I typed sqlite (Enter).
> Version number
> Enter ".help" for instructions.
> I typed .help after the ...> and (Enter)

That is not correct.
Typing sqlite (Enter) does not give you ...>
Typing sqlite .help (Enter) gives you ...>
Typing sqlite .help (Enter) is a mistake.

> Typing sqlite .help accomplished the same as the above.

That is your mistake.

> Did you say to type sqlite and then ".help" at the prompt?

Actually I said: instructions are in man sqlite.

> What might I be doing wrong?

It appears you are executing sqlite with a parameter.

> Using links to read the man page worked.

The BL3 manpages are preformatted so they can be read by
zless. Links calls zless. So does the BL3 man command.

> This does not work,

Oh yes it does.

> no more than the Ctrl-C which the real man page said
> to use to quit. Ctrl-D works.

The man page says to use Ctrl-C *or* Ctrl-D.
On some systems Ctrl-D works, on others Ctrl-C.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru