baslinux - Re: [BL] Another new add-on for BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Another new add-on for BL3
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 15:42:38 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Instead of reading the manpage I typed sqlite .help and got
...>

Which did you do?
------------
sqlite .help -WRONG-
------------
I did this. The instructions was laconic.

Instructions? I thought you said you skipped the
instructions (the manpage)? Typing -help is no
substitute for RTFM.

I typed sqlite (Enter).
Version number
Enter ".help" for instructions.
I typed .help after the ...> and (Enter)
Nothing happened except for a new ...> appearing on the next line.

Typing sqlite .help accomplished the same as the above.

Did you say to type sqlite and then ".help" at the prompt?

What might I be doing wrong?

Using links to read the man page worked.

This does not work, no more than the Ctrl-C which the real man page said to use to quit. Ctrl-D works.

Since I have no idea how to use SQL this is irrelevant to me but you might want to correct the man page if Ctrl-C does not work for you either.
I will read about SQL some day after I get a few other things working. Nobody sents me SQL files to translate, luckily. First Abiword.