baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 icewm mouse problem

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 icewm mouse problem
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 16:26:11 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Kris Hawkins wrote:

I've just installed BasicLinux 2 on a Toshiba 486
laptop and I'm having a problem with IceWM. The
laptop uses an AccuPoint mouse-pointer, like an
eraser in the middle of the keyboard.

That's probably a PS/2 mouse.

the second I move the pointer the arrow shoots to
the top of the screen and stays there.

I have a genuine Microsoft PS/2 mouse (the old squared-off style) which does the same thing. What Protocol should I try with it? I ran Xsetup and chose PS/2. It works fine with SVGAlib but not X (in BL2). I finally just used another PS/2 mouse. A third one did not work at all even in SVGAlib. Serial mice have always worked right.

That probably means you are using the wrong Pointer
Protocol. I suggest you edit /etc/XF86Config and
change the Pointer Protocol to PS/2. If that doesn't
work, try another Protocol from this list:
BusMouse GlidePoint GlidePointPS/2
IntelliMouse IMPS/2 Logitech
Microsoft MMHitTab MMSeries
Mouseman MouseManPlusPS/2 MouseSystems