baslinux - [BL] problems with uninstall and man

  • From: "Sebastian" <sebas1234 AT ono.com>
  • To: "BasicLinux List" <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] problems with uninstall and man
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 04:37:59 +0200

Hello everybody:

I would like to know how I could uninstall any package. I know how to
install with "pkg", but do not know how to uninstall...

I have a problem with man. I downloaded the man pages package from
slackware4.0, but the man function does not read it. Just because it does
not recognize man.1.*, man.2.*, and so on... What is the solution to this
problem?

I would like to compile programs from the source code. What precise packages
do I need to this? I have downloaded a lot of them, such as gcc, glib*,
gmake... but do not know which of them I should install.

Salut.
sebas.