baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa with himem.sys, smartdrv, MS-DOS 6.22 and Win98 DOS

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa with himem.sys, smartdrv, MS-DOS 6.22 and Win98 DOS
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 20:26:29 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, sindi keesan wrote:

> FreeDOS - can someone report whether himem.sys or smartdrv.exe cause Xvesa
> problems (black screen crash).

Freedos memory management programs *do* interfere with Xvesa. I have to
start BL3 with blank system files for Xvesa to work. This much I can
confirm. I didn't test extensively to see what exactly conflicts. Its
memory management programs have different names than those of
corresponding M$ files.

James