baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:11:56 +1200

sindi keesan wrote:

> > I would feel a little uneasy putting a very large
> > fs.img on a DOS partition (particularly a highly
> > fragmented one).
>
> Aren't we supposed to defragment the DOS partition
> before unpacking BL3 to it?

Defragmenting a DOS drive is always a good idea before
installing a large application. But it's not essential.

> I don't recall if your instructions say to do that.

They don't (it's better to avoid unnecessary complications).
For most users, fs.img is only temporary (they soon install
to HD). The issue is really only relevant to users seeking
to increase the size of fs.img and run it long-term.