baslinux - [BL] New user

  • From: sebas1234 AT ono.com
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] New user
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:24:18 +0200

Hello everybody:

I am planning to install BasicLinux in my 486. But, first of all, I would
like to know what kind of software I am going to be able to install. For
instance, given that I have my BasicLinux box working, could I try to compile
the sources of applications such as ...? What do you BasicLinux users have
compiled on your box? I am more interested in apps similar to Matlab for
DOS, Notepad, Write, Works for DOS, MicroCap for DOS, etc...

Besides, is there any utility in linux able to configure the Parallel Port
in order to communicate two pc's, such as Interlnk for DOS, or Direct Cable
Connection for Windows?

Would I be able to run X on my 486? For example, Ice, or Blackbox, or twm?

Is there something like dBase, or Works database, available?

PD: I only have a little 200MB hdisk. Plus 8MB ram.

Salut.
sebas.