baslinux - Re: [BL] word processor

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] word processor
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:20:33 +1200

Matrix Mole wrote:

> I thought abiword was a console based word processing program.
> Is it strictly an X based application?

Yes.

> Even so, I'd have thught we'd have one compiled for BL3 by now
> (with as many people seem to use it that is).

The BasicLinux version of AbiWord is statically compiled.
It works on either BL1 or BL2. Unfortunately Xvesa does
not like it, so it won't work on BL3 (unless you replace
Xvesa with a different Xserver).

I really like AbiWord. I do all my serious wordprocessing
on it (running on BL2). I also use it for reading the .doc
attachments that Windows-people send me.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru