baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3-21fd.zip download problem

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3-21fd.zip download problem
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:23:02 +1000

Hi Sindi,

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:10:39 -0400 (EDT)
Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com> wrote:

> It appears that the file itself is corrupted somehow, two different ways.

and

> Has anyone else tried doing it with DOS? You can't expect all linux
> Newbies to be downloading and unzipping with linux. I will keep trying
> with DOS for a while. I have not yet tried FTP, just kermit and lynx.

FWIW: I also had a few problems with corrupted downloads very early in my
introduction to BL, when I was downloading with DOS.

Steven suggested that some of the files (in my case it was .tgz files)
were being added to by the DOS downloader - I was using a version of Lynx for
DOS.
He was right ! I changed my downloader, and all was fixed.

Could it be your downloader adding a character or two ?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke