baslinux - Re: Re: [BL] word processing

  • From: Will Hatch <fhkms AT adelphia.net>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Re: [BL] word processing
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 6:33:02 -0400

I guess I have to download abiword to another computer, burn it to a cd, and
then try to install it to my BL3 machine from the cd. Or, I could try to
hitch my BL3 machine up to the internet and download it directly (no clue how
to do this).

Steven, you mentioned that making a server and adding thin clients to it is a
good way to use old pcs. I'm actually beefing up the memory on our best
computer to be a server. I have the K12LTSP (based on Fedora Core 1), and
I'm going to attempt to make a server/thin client network. Experimenting
with BL3 I figure is good practice, but I like it enough that I want to keep
playing with it. Again, adding a word-compatible word processor and internet
browsing are the only features my students need. Thanks for all the help!
-Will