baslinux - Re: Re: [BL] word processing

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Re: [BL] word processing
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:34:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Will Hatch wrote:

> I guess I have to download abiword to another computer, burn it to a cd,
> and then try to install it to my BL3 machine from the cd. Or, I could
> try to hitch my BL3 machine up to the internet and download it directly
> (no clue how to do this).

I forgot to mention that Steven also include a small DOS utility for
splitting up large files, split.exe, I think it was in BL2. Is it also
provided with BL3, or at a BL site? You could split up a 7M file into
pieces that fit on 5 floppy disks, copy them, and reassemble. Steven,
please provide the details on this. I could not figure out how to use
this program, but I found rzsplit (larger) that I did get working once.

split was used to make a 2-floppy BL2 version, since baslinux.gz got too
large for one floppy disk.