baslinux - Re: [BL] word processing

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] word processing
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:25:43 +1200

Will Hatch wrote:

> I can't even figure out how to use the floppy drive in BL3.

Insert DOS-type floppy in drive, then do the following
---------
mount /fd
---------
You will then find the contents of the floppy sitting in
the /fd directory. Try: dir /fd

Before you remove the floppy from the drive, you must un-mount
(umount) it:
umount /fd

> what I would like to do is: have the same basic xwindow that
> I have in this version of BL3, only when I right click and
> find the menu, i'd like the word processor to be there, that
> is word compatible (hopefully!)

AbiWord is probably what you need. It works with both BL1 and
BL2, so we should be able to get it to work with BL3. It will
just need a little trial-and-error. Any volunteers?