baslinux - Re: [BL] word processing

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] word processing
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:54:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > Abiword uses wvware to import WORD files.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by that. My version of
> AbiWord happily reads/writes .doc files.

I read somewhere that Abiword uses wvware. Maybe it is built in?
Sounds like a good reason to install Abiword for when Antiword can't
handle a really odd WORD file. I have experimented and they both have
problems with different types of WORD files. I tried with one really
tough one, in three parts, and they got most of it but Catdoc, Wordview
and Newdeal left out large chunks and messed up the rest.

Is there a standalone version of wvware compiled for SW71? I could not
find any, nor could I figure out how to compile or even just what files I
needed to compile with.