baslinux - Re: [BL] ISA pNp Modem Woes?

  • From: "Alejandro Lieber" <dos AT lieber.com.ar>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ISA pNp Modem Woes?
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 09:51:23

Hal:

I use a Cirrus MD120 ISA modem with K56flex(X2) technology.
I haven't flashed it to V90 because I can not find the program to do
it.

I had a lot of problems using it in DOS and LINUX at high baud rates
until I added the following configuration string:

AT+MS=V34B,0,28800,33600,28800,33600

Now it connects instantly at 33600.
If it can not connect at least to 28800, it just exits.

On 14 May 04 at 16:24, Hal MacArgle wrote:

> Date sent: Fri, 14 May 2004 16:24:13 -0400
> From: Hal MacArgle <halinux AT kvinet.com>
> To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
> Subject: [BL] ISA pNp Modem Woes?
> Send reply to: halinux AT kvinet.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org

> Greetings: If this is off topic for this list just disregard, but I'm
> going bonkers with a CIS/Wisecom WS-5614JDH ISA pNp Lucent internal
> modem with the Lucent 1673J48 Chip seemingly called "Lucent Venus",
> used on both ISA and PCI modems..
>
> A "hardware" modem sold on eBay, the vendor claiming over 300 sold so
> far with little problems, he has sent me a replacement deducing the
> the first one was defective.. Supposedly OK for Win9XME, DOS or
> Linux, I can't get anything to talk to this one, I did have the
> original one working with Linux but the DCE report was 1200 baud or
> less.. Linux reported "PM K56FLEX HC", seems AOK..
>
> I tried the first one on three machines, all the same problem.. The
> vendor supplied the drivers on floppy but the install of that on
> Win98FE reported "Welcome to the Zoom 56K Drivers Setup Program," not
> exactly what I expected from the S/W for a CIS/Wisecom modem, but he
> claims that's correct.. The S/W a self extracting .exe file that
> installs in C:\MODEM\ selecting \WIN9XME, or another version,
> running the setup.exe file... No .inf files involved here, so it ran
> from Dos...
>
> The modem was sold as K56 Flex, correct, with the bundled S/W to
> flash it to V90, which I wont think about until I get it working as a
> lesser unit.. In fact you can't flash the modem if you can't talk to
> it...

Read net news (USENET) with Arachne: http://www.lieber.com.ar/nnews.zip
Sans Serif fonts for MS-DOS at: http://www.lieber.com.ar/novafont.zip
Configurable dialing menu for several DOS internet programs at:
http://www.lieber.com.ar/dial_ip.zip

Ing. Alejandro Lieber
Rosario Argentina