baslinux - Re: [BL] ISA pNp Modem Woes?

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: dos AT lieber.com.ar, <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ISA pNp Modem Woes?
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 10:45:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 16 May 2004, Alejandro Lieber wrote:

> Hal:
>
> I use a Cirrus MD120 ISA modem with K56flex(X2) technology.
> I haven't flashed it to V90 because I can not find the program to do
> it.
>
> I had a lot of problems using it in DOS and LINUX at high baud rates
> until I added the following configuration string:
>
> AT+MS=V34B,0,28800,33600,28800,33600

I have a modem that I flashed from x2 to v90 and it is usually still
connecting at 28.8K. (Sometimes Win98 says it connects at 115200 but at
those times it acts like 57600). Would it help to add the line:

AT+MS=V90,0,28800,33600,56700 [must I double this?]

or is this incorrect? Can you explain please why you have both speeds
listed in your string?